As a school, we exercised our democratic right to vote this September and voted in a Mini Leader for each class from years 1 to 6. The role of our Mini Leaders is:
- To help the Headteacher with special events in school and the community.
- To welcome and show around visitors to our school.
- To help the Headteacher rewriting policies by gathering the views of their classmates and giving their own opinions.
- To gather ideas and opinions from their classmates about school improvement - they have a £500 budget to do this each year.
- To meet weekly to discuss any relevant issues and plan events.
Autumn Term Plans -
- Mini Leaders will be helping Mrs Cottrell to rewrite our school Behaviour Policy and carrying out a pupil questionnaire about behaviour at our school.
- They will be helping to welcome visitors and acting as ambassadors at events such as cluster sporting tournaments and our Harvest and Christmas church services.
- They will take part in an assembly during Parliament Week in November and will be meeting our local MP, Kevin Hollindrake, to find out more about his job as an MP and ask him any questions they may have.
- They will help to make the harvest boxes and deliver them to local elderly residents.
- They will be developing children's understanding of the word bullying and developing new sheets for our worry boxes.